This image is during our first semester physical education class. We were practicing gymnastics and decided to do a team building activity!

This image is of McQueen lake. We went there during the first week of the education program to get to know everyone in the program.

This is an image that was taken in our science class. Our group was teaching the class about the five senses.

This picture was taken in my Philosophy class. We were representing the foundations of education through history, sociology, and philosophy.

This video was taken for my Teaching and Learning class. We were acting out a case study that discusses the success of having small groups working with the teacher. I had to trim the video to fit in this file, so it only shows the first half, but allows you to see the idea we were representing.

Reflection

The photos and video above were all constructed over the time I have been in the education program at Thompson Rivers University. I wanted to shows these items specifically as they really resonate with who I am as an educator. The first picture of my class and I building a human pyramid represents the hard work and dedication that comes in teaching. Not only that, but it shows how important it is to work with other colleagues to become successful. The second photo at McQueen lake represents the importance of outdoor learning. This was where we went to do some team building exercises to get to know one another, and I learned so much about others, myself, and the natural world around me. I want to include outdoor education in my teaching practice as it will help students connect to the earth and have a deeper appreciation for protecting the environment. The third photo is of myself and my science group teaching the class about the five senses. We did an experiment where students that felt comfortable enough to participate would eliminate their eyesight with a blindfold, and would have to guess what they smell, feel, taste, and hear. This experiment involved a lot of trust between the teacher (me) and the class. It allowed students to learn hands on about our five senses while building their trust and relationship with the teacher, I was very proud of this lesson. The fourth image represents the importance of remembering the foundations of education. By studying and acknowledging historical, sociological, and philosophical perspectives I will have a better understanding of who my students are as learners. The video is something I had a lot of fun creating with my team. We had fun making this project, and I wanted to represent another way students could tackle an assignment. Not only this, the case study itself taught me how important it is for students to feel important in the classroom. By having the teacher down at their level engaging in a discussion rather than a lecture allows students to learn and participate more. Overall all of the images above have taught me many ways to improve as a future educator to ensure that my future students become successful in my classroom.